Jen's favorite quotes


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."— Marilyn Monroe

Saturday, October 9, 2004

Apple Butter Festival



I've been feeling really bad lately. I have got an awesome cold and sore throat. I get sick every year except for last year because of being in nice, warm TX. So this is a nice welcome back to the land of real winter, Jennifer! HAHAHAHA!!!! (That was supposed to be winter or WV talking) I hate it. I only surface out of my drug induced sleep to eat and occasionally pet the cat who seems to think that laying on my face and purring is the way I will feel better. I hate getting sick because for me it usually ends in bronchitis or pneumonia because I am stubborn when it comes to doctors. You go and waste all your money for them to say take some over the counter stuff you'll be fine but then when I don't go it ends in the worse way with me severely sick and usually in need of antibiotics.

Also, this weekend is the Apple Butter Festival. It sounds dumb I know but its a whole big event centered around the making of Apple Butter- it's a craft show, carnival, parade, and party in one. It's a lot of fun and I usually go every year dragging my friends from "the city" down who can't get enough of the small town quaintness. There's almost always some sort of partying going on as well. Last year was the best year ever with all my very best friends at a kick ass party that lasted well into the night, riding my nephews crotch rocket, and my friends buying out the patrons in wine, apple butter, and other nifty items. This year I am sick, most of my friends are away or not talking to one another and the majority of us are broke. I still think I will have a good time if I can rally myself into it but nothing will compare to the ultimateness that was last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment