Jen's favorite quotes


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."— Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Frustrated Inc.

From day one I have gotten shit about being a female in this field. I have recently been given a opportunity to go to grad school. G, who is supposed to be my friend, has made two f-ed up comments about it based on my femininity.

They were: 1) You are not going to grad school for the right reasons. Have you ever heard of going to get your MRS degree? 2) The reason why you got offered the grad position is because you are an attractive female. I am sick of it. Can you really not think of anything better to say when you feel threatened or angry?

K summed up well why I wanted to punch G in the face when he does the smirk. That smirk: "Yes, I just said/did that and what are you going to do about it?"

I have decided I am done with being made to feel I am inferior as a female at work. The next person to make such a comment is getting a warning that I am going to the boss about it. Joking or not I am done. Do not try to define me by my sex. You know nothing of my life and what I have struggled through.

Now that I have worked myself into a frenzy I am am probably close to blowing up but I have a lot of anger to work off. It drives me nuts particularly as I am taking steps to feel better physically andemotionally. Also, this grad project thing can along and it is amazing and exactly what I need.

This quote is exactly how I felt last week. It's amazing to be on the other side of it. Now if people could just stop trying to bring me down. :)

"I am now the most miserable man living. If what I feel were equally distributed to the whole human family, there would be not one cheerful face on earth. Whether I shall ever be better, I cannot tell. I awfully forebode I shall not. To remain as I am is impossible. I must die or be better it appears to me."
--Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment