Jen's favorite quotes


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."— Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

30 days of happiness

Can I do 30 days of happiness? I am guilty of always looking at the negative things in life and never seeing the good things til they're past. I have a habit of being somewhere and looking back at a point in my life and saying "Those were good times in my life. So much fun and much, much better than where I am right now." At the time though I probably thought it was horrible. Its hard to remember the good times and so easy to remember the bad ones.

I live a lot in the past too. So this is also an exercise to try to stay in the here and now. To stop rushing forward to get through something I don't like. To stop, look around, enjoy, think, and be present. So everyday for 30 day I am going to try to write the things or to post a pic of the things that made me happy today.



Day 1: FL: good friends and good times at GEER Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment