Jen's favorite quotes


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."— Marilyn Monroe

Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Follow and various ramblings by me

I thought I would join a Friday Follow for once. It seems like a cute idea and I am curious to meet others and have others meet me. Although my ramblings are not often related to anything in particular or even very interesting. I don't really fit into any one category and enjoy following a multitude of different types of blogs.
Friday Follow
______________________________________________________________

Today is my last day at work and I am so super excited! I will no longer be stuck behind a desk looking at bat data for 8 hours a day and feeling like my eyes are going to fall out. Once I get my surgery done I can even head back out into the field again! Opossum telemetry and raccoon trapping here I come!

I will be heading to a friends house tonight for a get together. She is one of my good friends who had an issue medically with her back and required surgery. She is finally starting to heal and get back on her feet and I can't wait to hang out with her. She is such an inspiration for me because she has had such a rough life and yet has one of the most positive attitudes I've ever seen. She's super sweet and always ready to listen or help someone else with their problems.

Next week I have my tonsil surgery and I am scared about it. I am scared of the pain and of how I well I will handle it. I had a spinal fusion when I was younger and I was so determined to get well I got up and walked around the day of the surgery. My mom seems to think that this makes me invincible. I don't agree. Now that I'm an adult I don't know if I will be able to bounce back as quickly. My other worry is of the severe sore throat I will have afterwards. After years of sore throats from the tonsils, this last sore throat had me at the edge of my patience and nerves. I was ready to throw the towel in and just cry. So I suppose I'm worried I won't be able to handle the pain maturely???

This made me think this morning. Particularily, since I just got done reading the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It fits in with the premise of the book I believe. The ideas of both are views of religion I can get behind. I.E. the Bible is not a literal interpretation but rather a guide and mostly a guide to mankind discovering his oneness with others and the world around him.

I am frantically trying to finsih reading the White Queen before I have to return it to the library this evening. I'm hoping I will get it done but I suppose if I don't I could always check it out at home. Or be one of those people who goes to the bookstore, picks up a book and reads it there without buying it! Of course I've never done that before....

P.S.Check out my friend Kerry's Etsy shop for beautiful nature inspired jewelry at great prices...


Painting from Etsy

7 comments:

  1. Nice to meet ya!! Visiting from "Friday Follow"..I'm your newest follower! Love for you to come visit me! I've got a little of everything on my blog :)

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower! Can't wait to read..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from FF and following! Hope you have a great weekend!

    http://dreamweaversculpts.blogspot.com
    http://sonyasgrooming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the tonsils...My mom survived nicely...you'll be OK!


    Happy Friday Follow.

    Holly
    www.504main.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There! I'm a new follower from Friday Follow still poking around all the fun blogs! Have a good Saturday. Hope you can come visit my blog!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    http://www/groschengoblins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy. Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow! I am now your blog follower. It is a pleasure to meet ya and have a great week!

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from FF! Have a great weekend!

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete