Jen's favorite quotes


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."— Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

monday reading, follow fridays, surgery

Wow, I haven't been around in a while. Things have been crazy between moving, a mini vaca with the bf, and surgery.

I wanted to do the follow friday thing but didn't have time. I promise to take a look at everyones blog who is following me. Thanks for all the comments from everyone. They were very much appreciated!

As for Monday what are you reading: I have been reading Sand Daughter by Sarah Bryant for the last two weeks. Its a good book but I've been to distracted to really pick it up and give it a good read. Now that things are slowing down I think I can start getting back into reading.


__________________________________________________________________________________
I had my tonsil surgery yesterday. What an experience that turned out to be! They gave me to much anesthesia and it made me sick. Apparently, the taking out of my tonsils went fine (they were disgusting and huge but easy to remove) but the rest of it was a doozy. You are supposed to recover for two hours, have your iv removed and then be sent home. For me they tried to do this but when I couldn't even stand up or walk and felt nauseous they immediately put another iv in, gave me a shot of anti-nausea meds and made me rest there for another couple hours. Eventually, I felt well enough to go home but it took 2 more false starts to make it.

Once home, I went to bed immediately but woke up in severe pain. I had a panic attack and then couldn't keep anything down (meds, water, ginger ale) because it kept making me sick. I went back to bed and woke up with a migraine the second time. Eventually, I woke up, got some meds and water down, started feeling better, stayed up and ate some broth. Then I was able to watch some tv and start reading my book. I also started drinking water every 15 minutes and that helped immensely!!

I didn't think that is was going to be this bad. I am still in a lot of pain but slowly doing better. My lip was split during surgery and that's healing. My entire face and neck were swollen but I think that is starting to recede as well. I still have problems opennign my mouth and chewing and eating solids is a big NO right now. I hope that I bounce back soon and get over this because at the end of the month I start my new job and I am really excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment